At Santa Fe Christian, we provide our students with an unmatched combination of academic excellence, co-curricular opportunities and value, all within a safe, loving, Christian environment. SFC’s strong community of parents, faculty and staff is dedicated to preparing our students to become the Christian leaders of tomorrow.
- Spiritual Development
- The Christian faith is at the center of SFCS and integrated into all aspects of student life. Our mission to prepare Christian leaders is built on a foundation of biblical teaching, love for God, and love for others. We engage our students in a manner that is authentic and relevant to their daily lives, and focus on helping them establish their own personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Academic Excellence
- Our goal is to provide the optimal academic experience for every student and enable them to maximize their unique potential. Average class sizes of 20 or less allow our dedicated and qualified teachers to develop personal relationships with their students, while rigorous Honors and AP Program classes challenge top academic students every day. As a result, SFC students consistently test well above national averages on standardized examinations, and our graduates are consistently admitted to leading academic colleges and universities each year. In addition, students are encouraged to broaden their learning with specialized academic programs like visual and performing arts, interactive science, computer lab, media arts, broadcasting and video editing, and foreign language studies. For students with learning differences, we also offer an academic support program to ensure their success.
- We believe that athletics provide unique opportunities for personal growth. With 42 Upper School and 22 Middle School athletic teams, we are able to extend accessibility to all students interested at many levels. Over 80% of our Upper School students choose to participate in a sport, with many playing on two or three teams per year. Rather than excluding an interested athlete, we strive to establish additional teams as needed so each student can experience the benefits that come from being a part of the SFC athletic team. With coaches who emphasize faith, character and commitment, our teams have won numerous league and state championships, and we are proud to have many alumni also excelling at the collegiate level.
- At SFC, we offer an extensive arts program. While music and arts have almost disappeared from traditional public and charter school curriculums, at SFC, the arts are thriving. Our students learn how to express and nurture their God-given talents in a variety of mediums and art forms. In Lower School, we offer studio art, dance, drama and music programs. In Middle and Upper Schools, we offer multiple levels of band and choir, drama, digital production, yearbook, media arts, and a student-produced newspaper. Many of these programs are integrated each year into full-scale productions, including a Fall drama and a Spring musical at a local theater.
- We prepare our students to be the Christian leaders of tomorrow by encouraging them to serve others through local and global service opportunities. All SFC students participate in community service projects of one type or another, including partnerships with Military Outreach Ministries and San Diego Rescue Mission. At the Middle School level, students participate in local community service events. At the Upper School level, we offer compelling leadership opportunities through school-sponsored international mission trips. Today, our students serve Christ all over the world in places like the Dominican Republic, Fiji, France, India, Italy, Russia, Rwanda, Thailand and Uganda.
- At SFC, we are blessed to have a campus that is not only beautiful, but also situated in a very secure location within a safe community. The perimeter of our 17-plus acre campus is physically separated from adjacent properties. We are a closed campus and employ numerous safeguards including advanced monitoring technology and a significant security presence designed to protect our student population.
- We are intent on being good stewards of our resources while providing a wide array of educational experiences for our students. We are proud of our ability to maintain tuition costs below other leading private schools in the area. Due in large part to the generosity of our donors, we are also able to provide meaningful financial aid to many families, which further increases our accessibility and fosters greater economic diversity within our student population.
- Christian Community
- SFC is an independent school that brings together families from more than 80 different Christian churches throughout our region. This independence distinguishes SFC from many other Christian schools in the area. Despite coming from a range of churches, our community shares an important set of Bible-based core beliefs that enrich and strengthen our school. Parents, teachers and coaches frequently comment that their own faith have been impacted by the Lord’s work through this unique and diverse community.