Parent/Legal Guardian Statement of Commitment
The mission of Santa Fe Christian Schools is to partner with Christian parents within a Bible-based community, in order to disciple students to embrace biblical truth, strive for academic excellence, and model Christ-like leadership to influence their homes, churches, and communities for Christ.
The purpose of Santa Fe Christian Schools shall be to operate schools and other related agencies on the preschool, elementary and secondary levels, partnering with parents to train students for academic, moral, and spiritual excellence.
Santa Fe Christian Schools (SFCS) promotes Christ-like behavior, responsibility, respect, and academic excellence in a safe learning and teaching environment. The commitment form sets clear standards of behavior for parents and legal guardians. Parents play a critical role in the education of their children and have a responsibility to pray for and support the school staff in maintaining a safe, respectful, and Christian environment for all students. Accordingly, SFCS reserves the right to terminate or not renew a student’s enrollment if the school concludes that the actions of a parent or guardian make such a positive and constructive relationship impossible or otherwise interferes with the school’s accomplishment of its educational purposes.
We the undersigned agree:
- To uphold and guard the mission and vision of Santa Fe Christian Schools by supporting the pursuit of academic excellence and the development of Christ-like character. We agree to set a Godly example in our home and be involved with our child’s educational process.
- To adhere to the school’s standard of conduct which honors God and grants authority to the teacher or administrator to discipline our child/children when necessary. (The School does not administer corporal punishment.) We understand that participation in the use of illegal drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants is justification for expulsion regardless of where it occurs. Drug testing of students may be administered at the discretion of the administration.
- That attendance at Santa Fe Christian Schools is a privilege that may be withdrawn upon sufficient cause as determined by the administration.
- That we will support the school by timely payment of tuition as set forth by the tuition schedule. We recognize that we are securing a spot for our child/children for the entire academic year and understand that the school is making financial obligations as a result. We therefore agree to be financially responsible for the remainder of the academic year should we decide to withdraw our child/children from the school for any reason.
- To faithfully support and respect the authority of the elected Board, Head of Schools, administration, teachers, and staff through a positive attitude and prayers according to 1 Timothy 2:1-2 and Romans 13:1, and will teach our child/children to do the same.
- To resolve disputes in a way that is consistent with the precepts of Matthew 18 and that honors the Lord. When conflicts occur, all parties agree to work in good faith with one another to resolve their differences and to fairly consider both sides of the conflict. All parties agree to seek and honor God in the process of handling their dispute and its resolution with others.
- That biblical living requires the fellowship of other believers. We commit to regular attendance and involvement of our family at a Christ-centered, Bible-believing church.
- To be actively involved in the life of the school as parent volunteers and/or promoters of the school in the community.
- To a lifestyle in the home that is in agreement with biblical principles for conduct. We understand that lifestyle by either parent and/or child that is in direct conflict with biblical teaching may result in our child’s enrollment at SFCS being terminated.
- That all decisions by the administration and/or the Board on the foregoing topics are final and binding.